Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Friday, October 08, 2010

A Ex#3 poetry

Empty dreams, that’s what you left.

I told you I was a fragile heart.

When I took that first step,

You knew my condition from the start.

Now all I ever do is cry

And trust no other guy

Because inside my heart is dead

All the flowers are rotten instead.

And there you are entering my dreams

Filling my heart with hatred screams

Because my heart knows this ain’t real

You’re like a thief in the night and you’re out to steal

All that’s left of me now is this empty vase

Once filled to the brim of bright colours to gaze

Broken into pieces is this shattered glass maze

Where nothing is clear at the base

Nothing is clear and nothing makes sense

Open wounds, a heart of a year and a half spent

Filled with shatter hopes and regrets

Sorrows and hatred and I repent.

How can you love, when you don’t know what love is

For you aren’t my saviour, you’re still have the mind of a kid

I need a knight in amour to save

And he’s coming on his horse, fighting through the night.

He wants to save me,

To make me his wife!

And all the long I was trusting in boys

But the saying goes give your heart to them and they’ll treat it like toys.

So I’ve learnt from my mistakes

Of putting my heart out on open stakes

To be cautious of love, if it’s not sent from above

Like a candle in the wind, guard it closely before it’s too late.

And the fire gets blown out and you make the same mistake.

When real love comes knocking it patiently waits.

Because when real love opens the door

It’s there to stay evermore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home