Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sometimes you just have to be thankful

I think I've been complaining to much. Yes I have problems, but so does everyone else. The thing is I haven't been thankful when I should have been. There is a plenty and always many things to be thankful for.

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

For one I complain about not working. I should be happy that I have the time to write while I can. I don't have to worry about paying interest, even though I have debt, I don't have to worry about where I will lay my head to rest tonight, or that I won't have food to feed my belly. I'm thankful that I had enough to go to school and the joys of an education. I have at least 5 very good friends, two loving parents, grandparents, and sisters. I'm the most rich person in the world because I'm of value to the being that matters the most. I'm a beloved child of God, I'm forgiven. I will always be taken care of by God and I'm more precious than the sparrows.

That is an amazing life. And I think I need to remind myself that when I see the amounting debt, that is just one thing. I have 10 others to be grateful and thankful for.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home