Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams...

So what exactly is that. I feel lost! No longer am I wandering the valley of dreams but I've gotten stuck on some on marked high way trying to figure out who and what I'm suppose to be doing as I reach my destination.

Scared and confused. A drama graduate looking for work, and slowly, bit by bit letting go of the dream.

They say dreamers die, but where do they go when they are still living?

It's almost one week into the new year. I've updated my goals lists and I'm on my way to getting some of them done. However, I feel lost. Confused. I've spent the past few months just searching for work. I don't want to settle but at the same time I don't want to starve and be another struggling artist trying to make it in the world of sharks.

Maybe this is what the Alchemist said about following your personal legend. It gets harder when you go further on your journey, as if the world tests you to see if that's what you really want to do. Maybe my beginner's luck has run it's course.

I'm 27 years old. In six months I will be 28. I've traveled Canada, and the USA. I finished a diploma program in Journalism Arts, and I've finished now a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Drama degree. I'm educated, not to bad looking, creative and unemployed. What am I doing with my life. I signed up for a musical theatre show, but in truth, I'm not sure I really want to audition. I'm scared shit less, and yet acting, performing is what I really want to do. At the same time I'm worried that there are millions of other things that I also want to do, and things that I have to do in order to survive. Do I sign up for Chinese class again, even though I know I don't have a job yet? How am I going to make money? How am I going to pay my bills. Fears that are realistically haunting and paralyzing me. Will I have enough to move out of my parents house in two years with all my school debts? What about graduate school? When will I have the money to do that.

What I wish for is some direction, a sign to say that things will be alright, that what I'm doing is the right thing. I need a sign to say keep going. I have no encouragement from my family, who want me to get a job, drop the dream and live moderately ever after in a nearly invisible existence. What is my purpose God? God are you there? It's me down here the person flapping like a fish out of water.

God?? God?? HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home