Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

To sleep or not to sleep that is the question?

Hi I'm an insomniac. I can't sleep. Haven't for a couple of weeks now. I stay up late and try to get up before 10:00am. Work status: Still unemployed. Education status: Graduated with distinction. So here I am reading the Arbonne Magazines that the nice lady who is the consultant gave me. A home based business looks well enticing. BUT can I turn it into a success? Will I touch gold with this one?

I'm a little hesitant about this one. Being reading mix reviews on it, but I really have to say that I'm impressed with the product. For those of you who have heard of Arbonne, it's a naturally based product. I think the majority of the ingredients are natural. Obviously in the beauty world you can't go completely free from chemicals unless you take oatmeal facials, but for everything that comes in a bottle I would be skeptic if they didn't have chemicals.

But for me, it's a product with the use of a lot of natural herbs, which I do read up on have health benefits. And they don't have that nasty chemical smell that I'm so accustom to.

So here's my position. I'm a struggling artist looking for work. I'm a creative writer graduating in the worst reccession since the 1980's. Bad luck, or opportunity? I remember the quote I used in a journal I wrote for one of my acting class. It says: A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. ~Sir Winston Churchill

I'm not sure if I will be able to succeed in growing my own home base business, but I guess you will never know unless you try. What do I have to lose? I figure the cost of starting up which would be $130 + $7 shipping and handling. What can I gain? Experience in learning more about running my own business, making new contacts which is something I wanted to do anyone. Like the Alchemist says about friends and travel. I too want to travel and meet new people like the Alchemist and seek out opportunities for experience. In some strange way, I do want to learn more about business. I hope to run my own sucessful theatre and training center as well as complete my masters and Ph.D. I also wanted to run my own photography business at one time. Sometimes I think I dream to big, but at the same time I don't think I could be one of thoes people that never dream at all.

At one point in my life I recall having a life motto in which it was "I want to live an EXTRAORDINARY Life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived." Isn't that in some way a greater purpose, to leave a mark on others lives so that they to will want to leave a mark on someone elses life to make the best of what God has so amazingly blessed them with?

Another goal is to return to Cambodia and just be there as a role model and support for the children in the Aids orphanage.

Well I guess that just means I have to take chances, and dream big. Maybe I will try this business, take a chance to see just how far I can make it. Just like my acting. Just like my writing. Just like everything else in my life. I'm here for the adventure of a life time.

Miss Mae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home