Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Missing a part of my brain

Well not really. But when I finished school a few months, my brain has been craving learning and I've tried to feed it by taking a Chinese course and learning some fairly simple computer software programs.

Some how it still wants more. Today I woke up feeling amazing, not because of the amount of sleep I got, but for the very fact that I love my life. Yes. Strange as it is to say when you don't really have work or you have a pile load of debt owed to your parents, but still think my life is utterly blessed and amazing.

Wow.

The reasons for this is that when I look back in my life, I have not failed to do what I've wanted to do. I am making my life my own. When I looked back at my years spent at University only one year was extremely hard and there were only a few moments in the following year from that, that was hard to deal with. But what it did for me was prove that my life is growing from where I started.

I was thinking about that extremely hard year I had and I realize it was the best year for growth, change and healing. I had to deal with my inner demons because they were catching up to me and ended having a semi nervous breakdown. Yes, it was painful but beauty comes from pain. I had to go through what was bottled inside, face those deaths and tragedy and let go and grow from it. It made me a stronger person. Even with my failed relationship from my emotionally distant and abusive boyfriend Justin, I discovered that I was a strong woman who was not going to give up on life.

This past year last year has only brought me joy. I can't tell you how amazingly happy I am to find Cedric, my faith again, and my sense of self worth. I never would have thought that I would find a guy who makes me laugh more times than I can count on all my fingers and toes. I can't tell you how it feels to have a guy say "I love You" softly, and yet at the same time having enough power to crush the mountains in South Africa with the meaning behind those words. The best part about being in love is having someone love you back.

And my career goals. What I keep forgetting is my life motto: I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived. You can't live an extraordinary life if you life a life settled into the dust. You need to take chances, dream big and go after what you want.

So this year what I want is to take the path less traveled. Life is my oyster and I'm here to find my pearl.

Miss Mae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home