Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

On the 7th day of Christmas...

It's a wonderful day to wake up from a good nights rest. Plenty of sleep! After feeling really bad about yesterday, it was good to wake up to a brand new day. After all we can always start fresh when the day is a new.

I was feeling kind of blue yesterday, and to top it all off I felt sick by the end of the day. I have just been feeling overwhelmed and tired these past few weeks. That's okay though, the Christmas season is full of stress. Though it's been a less stressful year than in the past years.

So I only have 2 more rooms to clean before I can say "bring on the wonderful festivities". Since our family is hosting Christmas dinner this year, we have to go and make the place clean and welcoming. I finished the den, the bathroom, and the coat closet. It was big task but now it looks great. Plus the room looks great because of all the decorations :) . Today it's the family room where most of our guest will be spending time, so I have to make it look great. I also have to clean the dining room, which is more a recreational room, I know most people will spend time there too.

On top of that I have to organize and print off today the events for Christmas dinner, and the entertainment. I will also have to remember the lines to the play I wrote. It's funny, I don't remember the lines even though I wrote it. Simply said, there is too much to remember in a day.

I haven't had much time to practice my guitar....which is not good since I will be performing on Christmas day. YIKE'S!!! Yup well humm I can't say I am wonder woman.

Anyway I am glad to take on these projects, it releases some of the stress from my mom. She burnt herself again. She was cleaning the stove top and her hand touched the hot wok.

She is trying so hard to make this year a really great year since it's the first Christmas that she is not working during the season. Ever since her store closed down in the spring, mom has been some what plagued with guilt from not being there to spoil us. I don't mind it much since I liked my independence. I just don't want her to feel bad.

I know that putting up the decorations is making her happy. It reminds her of her dad who past away when I was in grade 9. I think this year is going to be hard for my mom since she misses her parents since they are both gone now. I am going to do my best to cheer her up.

It seems that I have been doing that a lot lately. Just cheering up all my family around me. Some days I wish I had someone to cheer me up but I have to be the strong one. I pray to God that He is there for me. I know that He is my rock and salvation even when I can't feel His presence.

Anyway I have to get started on the rooms.

Miss Mae has left the building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home