Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Poor Baby elephant

Today I was heart broken at the news of the Calgary Zoo Baby Elephant. Almost everyone in this world who knew about the Elephant was so sad. First to be born in the zoo is a sad thing, only knowing life in a cage. Second to have your own mother reject you and not love you is a very sad thing for a little one. Third despite all odds, your little life ends where it first began, in a dark cage.

So I say, poor baby elephant, my heart goes out to you. May you have a better life in Heaven.

In other news today, I watched Oprah. They were talking about a book called He's just not that into you. I want to read it now. It ends the discussion about how we as female are over looking into situations and for the soul purpose to end up heartbroken. One of the tips the author said about guys is that if a guy doesn't call you "he's just not into you". It talks about raising your standard. So don't go waiting by the phone if he doesn't call, the truth hurts ladies and well it's better to know that he's not into you and move on. Besides as the author said don't waste your pretty. You deserve more. So I am taking the advice.

They had some tips at the end of the show about raising your standard. I agreed with some of them. One of them is don't go chasing after a guy and asking him out. If a guy is into you, he will do the chasing. I think that is great cause that mean less work for us girls. Besides there is more guys in this world that girls. Even in China where the male population out numbers the female population by 1:17. The male number being the later. So with any luck, we ladies shouldn't be the ones worried about finding a mate. In fact it's the guys who should start to worry and start to be the aggressors since they actually have competition. With most woman being Miss independent in this day and age, it is harder for the guys to get a woman to need him since we now can provide for ourselves like the Destiny Child's song, "The shoes on my feet I bought it". It doesn't mean that we don't want them, no, it justs means that now with the working women population, we can provide for ourselves if needed so a man is not the bread winner.

With all said and done, I think it's important for us woman to get some education. After all that's the key success in the world.

That's all I have to say today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home