Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Darn it's cold out side...feel the frozen feet.

So I left the house in hopes that maybe Miss Mae will get her act together today and arrive early for Church. Unlucky Miss Mae takes the bus, while offered a ride to the bus stop, she gladly accepts and gets there ten minutes earlier. The bus never arrived. Okay so I said, a ten minute delay shouldn't be too bad, but that ten minute turned into a no show. It wouldn't be too bad if the temperature wasn't below freezing. After trying to unfreeze oneself the bus driver takes me to the Crowfoot Shopping area and well to my wonderful surprise tells me that the 299 should be there shortly to take me to the train station. To be exact, he said 5 minutes. Well that was the longest 5 minutes of my life. Waiting till my feet had a stabbing cold pains shooting through the toes and long enough so that I could no longer feel any motion in my hands five minutes of my life. It actually only came 20 minutes later and that was one cold long wait which I hope never to have a repetition of.

After that experience I ran late into the church. Miss Mae arrived late once again.
The rest of the day was spent practicing with the church team on a drime that will be performed on Saturday. I guess you can say I am trying to fill up my winterdays with as much bustle as the Christmas season will allow. I have a few more events this week which I will be looking forward to.

My lips are chap and my hands are still burning but on the bright side no one had to tell me that "Miss Mae, you need to amputate your toes now" so that's all good news.
I hope to sip on hot ice tea, which is not the same tea you find in the states but that's another story for another day.

Miss Mae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home