Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

On the first day of Christmas...

So how was your day? Ah the 12 days of Christmas and what do I get? Well no Partridge in a Pear tree. In fact I am still waiting for my true love ah sigh and one day he will come. As in the Cinderella musical,"The Sweetest Sounds, I'll ever hear are still inside my head. The Kindest Words I'll ever know are waiting to be said. The most entrancing sight of all is yet for me to see.... and the dearest love in all the world is waiting somewhere for me, is waiting somewhere.... somewhere for me."

Yeah, I am a sap when it comes to sappy love stories. Actually the musical is pretty good. I watched it with my mom the other night. It was one of the movies we decided to watch together. I am actually spending a lot of time with my mom. A girls best friend is not diamonds but it's her mother. As much as I hate to admit it, my mom is one of my closest friends. The person I can tell everything to. When I was little I use to look up to my mom as my hero. She was the one I wanted to be because she baked really great cookies, banana bread and made a killer Won Ton Soup (sorry Mr. Cherry Inn).

When I was in my rebel teenage years...did I have that...umm yeah Miss Mae, well my mom was the lady that would give me cash to spend if I needed to get some updated clothes and the person that I rarely wanted to be seen with.

And now, well now it's like this. My mom and I have a real close relationship. She is the woman I respect and go to for advice on life, love and friends. She is also the best cook, and she makes me laugh so hard. She is the cutest mom ever.

In fact today my sister, my mom and I went to a 12 days of Christmas event. We were walking by an area where a horse had recently let out some bodily waste and my mom said "ewwww, why did you take me to this stinky place."

She acts like a little kid sometimes but I love that about her. She reminds me that not all adults are stiff necked old foggies. Anyway so we spent most of the day just walking around the park. We enjoyed some baked goods and then went to do a little bit of Christmas shopping. After we headed out for Fish and Chips. We had a really great day.

It was great spending with my sister and mom. I feel that we got to bond. It's times like these that makes me want to freeze time so I can spend eternity in the moment. Just loving my family and not worrying about anything. Just loving the people I love and spending time with them. It's times like these that I miss while I am on the road.

Anyway here is the lyrics to another song to the Cinderella Musical. It's called Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful?
Prince: Do I love you because you're beautiful?
Or are you beautiful Because I love you?
Am I making believe I see in you
A girl to lovely to Be really true?
Do I want you because you're wonderful?
Or are you wonderful Because I want you?
Are you the sweet invention of a lover's dream,
Or are you really as beautiful as you seem?
Cinderella: (Maybe you're imagining me.
And maybe I'm imagining you, too.)
Am I making believe I see in you
A man to perfect to Be really true?
Do I want you because you're wonderful,
Or are you wonderful Because I want you?
Both: Are you the sweet invention of a lover's dream,
Or are you really as wonderful as you seem?
Prince: (spoken) I've always dreamed it would happen like this
And now it really has! I don't ever want this night to end.
Cinderella (spoken) Neither do I.
Both: Are you the sweet invention of a lover's dream,
Are are you really as wonderful as you seem?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home