Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I smell cookies :)

The great thing about being at home is the smell of mom's homemade food, and the second to follow, eating mom's homemade food. No matter who you are, with the exception of those who have a mom who can't cook, nothing and I mean nothing beats mom's homemade food. It's like a warm hug on a cold day.

So today was spent going to buy one item at Wal-mart and end up buying 2 pairs of pants and a shirt as well as a scrapbook hole puncher and some scrapbooking paper. All I needed was a glue stick to work on my tour scrapbook. Go figure, just before we left the Wally Mart, my mom says hey lets look at the clothes. So I ended up trying on the clothes and like my friend Lizzy Poo says that's a mistake because you are most likely to end up buying it if it fits. That's okay because I was looking for a pair of jeans the other day. Since I returned home my clothes have some how shunkened and no longer will fit my slender body....hahah who am I kidding I gained some weight. So I was looking for a pair of jeans but all of them were priced 25$ and up! Not really surprising however after being on a mission my funds aren't allowing me the freedom to spend like before. That is why it's a great thing that I got a job.

I know God has provided it to me and some how I don't mind the fact that I will work at a medical office. I am not sure what my next step is in school. I thought I wanted to do drama but I am not sure if that is where God is taking me. I might like learning about medicine since I loved sciences and the way things work so it might not be a bad idea to expose me to the clinic.

So far I haven't been as drained out as previous tours. I do notice that I am getting headaches again but I figured it's because of the change in altitude. When I left Calgary I noticed my headaches left me. They get sever because of the weather and the pressure. Not only that but my mood shifts and so all in all I have to move closer to the sea level if I want to be happier. I think that is why God put a love for the ocean. After all He knows more about my body than I do.

This past weekend I got to spend time in my bible and just being with Him. It was good and I know He is good. I really being thinking that God wants me to rest for a year before He pulls me off to another great adventure. It's a big sense of peace, although I would love to go to Taiwan to teach English and preach the word to my students, God is saying rest for the time being.

Anyway tomorrow I start work and for now I am going to eat those cookies.

Miss Mae you cookie monster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home