Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Almost Home

Well it's the 20th of April and that means it's 23 more days till I get to hug my family and kiss my teddy bear's at home. Looking back I have really enjoyed my wonderful adventure in California. I love it here. If God asks me to move here I would say yes in a matter of mili-seconds. It's the most beautiful place I have ever been.

There is too much to describe about California. I love it all. The other day I was in Santa Barbara soaking up the sun, and just two days ago I was riding the Bat man ride at six flags. I almost made myself sick by looking down at the more than 200 feet drop. It was thrilling and exciting at the same time.

We have a couple more shows left and I am thrilled to perform them. Being my character Challinggay has taught me about things that I thought I already knew. Each night of performance there is something to be learned. The grace of God is really important in this show as well as his forgiveness and goodness. When playing Challinggay I realized that people see themselves in her. We are all sinners and by the goodness of God, we come to bow down before him and receive his riches.

There have been many wonderful people I have met on my journey. So many of them have touched my heart, from the people I stayed with to my wonderful team. Even though at times dealing with them might not always be a welcoming feeling, at the end you see how God has used ordinary people for extraordinary work. It takes a lot to join this ministry. Some people can handle it quite well, others are quit at the first sign of trouble but those who preserves are the ones that get to see God's blessing in all of it. You can't count on yourself to survive but you can count on God to take you through in one piece.

As I look back on my three years of tour, I am going to miss it a lot. I love this life I lead. It's not a normal one with a steady income, a steady home, a steady routine, but that's what makes it great. It's anything but normal and that's the way it should be. Why should I have a life like everyone else when I was made for something different. It's just like the ugly duckling, can you imagine what life would be like for that bird if he thought his whole existence was to stay in that duck pond. He was made to live a life of a swan and so are we all. We are not mere mammals forced to live out our existence on this planet as evolutionists believe, but we are human beings with souls given an eternity to live out.

There is so much I want to say about my adventures, not just the people, or the places but of all the stories that make tour unique.

With 23 more days to go, I am in the same boat as my team mates are in and have come to the conclusion that I will have to figure out what is next. I am not sure what is next but whatever it is, I know my God will be with me whatever the season may be.

In Him,
Mae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home