Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

End of Spring Break...back to work grunt!

Sigh, as I ran to the ocean on my last day of spring break I had to come to the reality of facing the dreaded 6 more week syndrome of tour. Not that I don't enjoy the company of my 13 other friends, it's just that sometimes cooped up in a tiny space and seeing everyone every second of the day can make a girl feel well, overwhelmed.

Such an understatement at times. I just really needed to clear my head out. Not only since I am living in a marriage with 13 other people, where you work and see each other every day can be hard especially for an independent person like me, a person needs time to breath by themselves. It's also because I received some bad news about a relative of mine. Another motorcycle accident. Brings back memories of my friend's accident.

Just need time alone to think. I don't need to be pestered by questions that only make me want to evacuate the situation more and more. Gasp, as I sat on the beach for a moment, I had escaped the reality of 13 other attachments and I was just me.

This is the week that you feel like you want to go home and your body is saying this is way to long for a person to be a 14 range circus. The oven temperatures have been past broiling and we are starting to burn. At this point everyone is feeling that they wish they could evacuate the premises. It's going to be quite the circus this week. What a better way to kick it off with the trailer breaks of the sub burning up once again.

So spring break has ended and well it's back to the pig farm once again. Grunting through the work as we try to make the best of this week. The last 5 weeks will be great as everyone is really beginning to appreciate each other. Then it's the dreaded good bye to tour and welcome back to a life in which for some of us is a more calmer lifestyle. No more 13 other strangers telling you what to do or making a group decision. It is like going from dictatorship into a democracy and yes now your say finally makes a difference in your single life.

Now I do admit it will be sad to leave the home that I have built and the family that I have come to know, but it would be great just to sit on my own bed and ask myself in the morning, "Now, Whad da you wanna do?"

Ah and now Mae has become sarcastic as we hit the six week part. You gotta love the tour life.
Miss Mae,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home