Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Life happens

I often think about my life and the events that have been occurring in the past few years. Though I had to face many trials and tribulations I also have come across some very comical moments. Often on tour, life gets so busy with work focused things that I have a tendency to have a one mind set. This can be harmful because I begin to see my team as workers and nothing more. The relationships fall into mere existence and I ask myself after tour how do I respond to the lack of my life. You see life is not what happens to you but the relationships in which they happen to. One person can not live life without really living it if they forgo the part of life in which is soley based on relationships.

In my best effort, I am trying to get to know my team as individuals. Trying to connect with them, after all no man is an island contrary to what people and individuals will claim in a heated moment of individualism.

So here I am on spring break. Much has happened since my last report to you. For one thing a few days ago I could have plummeted to my early death on the mountain in a motor vehicle accident just like my cousin did 3 years ago. But it's our supreme Lord God who determines the fate of one's life and the timing of his/her death. If it weren't accredited to one of our driver and co-pilot's calm personality I don't think we would have survived. It was a 13% steep hill as our breaks burnt out leaving very much a short coming to our vehicle. Without God's hand on us our wheels would have popped off and we would have kicked the bucket.

Hence that was the drama this week. The show before our spring break brought me feeling oppressed. It was like if my whole body decided to have an energy crisis and left me to deal with the after mass. It was when I started to earnestly pray against it, did I recover long enough to get the show done and tear down. What was cool is that during our time backstage I was left to prayer for the unbelievers in our audience and by the time I was taking my make up off, I turned to one of the girls on our team to say in all boldness, "Someone has come to know Christ". Sure enough another is brought to the Lord. This has happened to me 3 times and it's a blessing to be a part of.

Besides show stuff and wanting to get to know my team better, let me describe California. It's more beautiful than any travel magazine could describe. It holds more beauty in what it stands for, nature meets the modern world of design. From the woodpeckers on the Palm trees, to the fresh citrus trees growing every where. I myself have come accustom to enjoying the fresh fruit on tour. The oranges were picked and went straight into my mouth. The drops of sweet juices trickled down my parched throat and I ask myself could anything be better? To read about California and see pictures is great. To experience it in person is ten times better. It's like a rollar coaster of adventure, nature meets man made but in perfect harmony.

Another really cool thing is the people. The life they live is extraordinary, well it makes sense if you ever visited California. I guess it's because people here are more wrapped up in style of the land that they portray it in the culture of the community. This being said, I got to go horse back riding at one of the places I stayed at, and I really enjoyed it. The wind in my hair and my muscles pushing up against the gentle beast. It was a lot of fun.

Until we meet again

Mae Gum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home