Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Monday, January 31, 2005

A Stepping Stone to move a Mountain

I have just finished the Dream Giver. Wow that last chapter touched heart. It was not only the fact that Bruces dream, had been a wonderful vision of what God can do with what little we offer Him but it struck my heart in ways because when I was a little girl I saw that poverty in South Africa.

You see I have family that still lives there. I know the state that the country is going through and it awakens me to want to change the world we live in. I know that the world we live in is never going to be perfect and that is a fact, cause it's not a world we are meant to live in forever. However so, God has given each of us the ability to change that. Why live for self and make sand castles that will be washed away by the incoming tide? Let us invest in what really matters.

Growing up the one person who has inspired me was Mother Teresa. Her love for the people of the third world made such a difference. She got the idea that the rest of us struggled with. Investing in the lives of God's people makes a mark of eternity.

Go! Send! Follow what God calls you to do. I think it really inspired me to hear Joanne Shetler speak on what is important. People and God's word. I know not other things that would ring true today. Deep in my heart I pray that I will have the courage to continue to follow what God has asked of me. Even if this means entering the mission field some where over seas alone. It's been something I have struggled with. I hate the very thought of being sent overseas to a place that is unfamiliar, to a people group that is unfamiliar, with no one that I know. What scares me the most is going there without a friend in the world.

What's ironic is what God proved today. I fell asleep and we had to go down to the church to pack up. No one came to get me out of our large group. I kind of felt forgotten, lost at sea, but lately I have been spending more time in isolation so I figure it's okay if they forgot me. This got me thinking, could I really be getting use to the idea of being alone is okay? I struggled with that a lot on previous tours. This is the first time I am finally saying, YES it's OK because the truth is that I am never really alone. God is always with me. No matter what circumstance I find myself in He will always provide me whether be alone or in good company. So I just got to enjoy it and be happy in all circumstances.

Well I have an early start tomorrow.
God Be with me
IN HIM
Mae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home