Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

This Week the Trend....

So here I am. My New Year's Party is cancelled since non of my friends can make it or have decided not to contact me. Oh how sad, oh well it's a long an lonely road, if you don't like it then please don't take it.

What I discovered is that when you go on tour, only a few friends stay in contact with you. I guess this means if I ever get something done with my life I know who my real friends are. Plus this is just another chapter of my life. One book closes and another book opens.

Anyway, while finishing thee book Rumors of Another World by Philip Yancey yesterday I have come to a few conclusions. I suggest this book for anyone on the borderline of their faith. Also it's just a really good book, it makes you think about life beyond the front door. It doesn't shove Christianity in your face but explains what the author is going through as well as it gives a different view on life. I recommend it, 5 stars! Here is a section I really liked from the book.

Blaise Pascal, a scientist and mathematician who lived at the dawn of the Age of Enlightenment, sympathized with those who had trouble believing in an unseen world.......Pascal saw faith as a cosmic wager. He faced uncertainty either way. If he cast his lot with God and was proved wrong, he would forgo certain pleasures and selfish rewards in this life and then, at death, fade into nothingness. On the other hand, if he chose against God and was proved wrong, he would face an eternity of regret. After weighing the odds, Pascal decided it is better in every way to believe in something that isn't than to disbelieve in something that is. The best course of all is to believe in something that is - the ultimate wager of faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home