Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Packing the rat pack

Ah the joy of packing. It' s the most tideous job I have to do this week. With that said, I am once again having a hard time putting together my wardrobe into a few small pieces to take for the almost 5 months I will be gone.

My gums hurt! I have a wisdom tooth coming up and man it makes the area around it very sensitive. I don't think it's so bad but I understand why babies cry when they get their first tooth. My pain tolerance level has gone up however. After entering into stupid monthly pains during my teenage years, and also going through a bladder infection, as well as running into the wall several times I understand pain a little better. However I don't think I have maximized it all since I haven't had to push a 9 lbs mini human out of me yet.

With that said an done, my day has been a day filled with trip preparation. While some of my tour peeps are already living out of a suitcase, I have been living in the luscious place I call home. With my own library, video game system, sound system and closet filled of clothes, it's hard to remind myself that I have to minimize my packing to a few necessary items. That also means being resourceful.

So how is that? Well that means taking the time out of my schedule and burning all my cd's into mp3's so I can take my collection of music on tour. So this means that I managed to fit 147 songs on one cd in MP3 format. So that's just about 9 cd's per one mp3 disc. Needless to say, I won't be unhappy with my choice of music.

Of course that also has it's draw back. Anyway I wanted to take a video camera on tour. What really sucks is that all of the camera's out there are digital. I really am against digital format. What will they think of next? So needless to say now I won't be bringing a video camera on tour :P and another thing, I am leaving my good camera. I figure carrying my MP3 player is probably the most expensive thing I am going to worry about.

So I didn't get my electric guitar this Christmas. That's okay though cause I will come back and get it. One of the reasons is that I am finally going to be debt free. Yeah just took me like almost 3 years to pay it off. It wasn't as much as some of my friends but I have been delaying it.

When I get home, I am thinking about getting a job and then going back to school. I know it seems that I am getting older but truth is, you are never to old to follow your dreams. If you don't they will chase you till the day you die.

So I don't care how old I will be, I am going to keep chasing after these dreams.

So that was my day. I have to finish packing. Oh yeah in between packing, I have made a few cute shirts. :) So I have some of them to wear.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel LeAnn said...

I packed my suitcase two days ago to get back into the swing of things, and see how winter clothes fit in. Not well, I'm afraid. See you in a few days. When do you fly in?

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home