Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

God is amazing

Crazy enough I am reminded that this Christmas I have plenty to be joyous and thankful about. I am often reminded that life is short. Too much has happened over the past five years that life for me is such a great gift to be celebrated.

On the radio they play this tire commercial and if you put these winter tires on your car your life will change. In one of the series of commercials the announcer guy asks this young man "So how has these tires changed your life," and then he goes on listing things like a new job, girl friend, wealth ect. The guy responds with all no answers but then he starts to sob and say "no they just changed my life."

Isn't it funny that if you think about it long enough God in some way is like that commercial. He doesn't guarantee a better job, a beautiful spouse, a stable economy but he miraculously changes your whole life.

Like my life. I don't have a great job in which I could say I would the spend the rest of my life at. I am still trying to go to school, so working there at my job is ok since it pays the bills. I haven't met the man of my dreams, I have only had one relationship as well as dated one guy so in that department I am pretty out of luck. However, God has been with me even though the world says I lack something.

I don't lack anything because all I ever needed I have found in Christ. My mom and dad were talking the other day about my younger sister setting up my older sister. My dad said then the only child that is left to worry about is Mae. Of course my mom said to him, "No she is content and fine with that."

Which is true. As much as I seem to complain about not finding Mr. Right around the holiday I am very content with my singleness. This way I can spend more time building up my relationship with God and developing as a person.

I find this an exciting time in my life. To be single and to worry about the Lord's work. That is amazing. Here I am at 23 really enjoying my life.

Anyway praise God this season.
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home