Picking at my Brain

My mind is ticking as the seasons change. Each day brings forth a thought. To whether we are old or young this life is the life you got. This is the mind of Miss Mae.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm everything you every wanted, and everything you'll ever need. I want to live an extraordinary life so that when I die, others have benefited because I lived.

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Arrived, safely but unwelcomed...boarder Nazi

Well here I am folks. On the road again, one day I'll be coming home but for now I am writing on the road. I pretty much feel sick to the stomach since I have gotten a sleep in the last 24 hours. I managed to force my body into a 1 hour cat nap but that was it. The fresh feeling lasted about 10 mins then now I feel like a dog just pooped on me. Yup so here I am writing to you from the office. Tired and exhausted is not a strong enough word to use. More like I feel the pit of the ocean slaped me into the belly of a gaint whale.

Anyway so my trip down? Well I was suppose to have a four hour lay over but that never happened since the plane had some problems. I ended up having a good conversation about the world events with my seat partner. That was good. It's nice to have a bit of conversation like that since well since I last had a conversation back in Journalism school. Anyway the point being I am still alive, they took a long time but finally got the plane up. The other tour girl and I ran to the US customs trying to get through without hassel so that we can catch our flight. What happened is that they said we weren't missionary volunteers since we got paid 10$ an day....who get's paid 10$ a day with it being a 12-16 hour work day?? I guess they must have thought we made the big bucks!! So needless to say we ended up having some trouble at customs. After that we had to ask the gate holder dude to see if he could make an earlier flight out. He did that was great. Something to be thankful for. We ended up taking a plane at 5:50pm rather than 7:45pm.

Well that was interesting. I didn't sleep on the plane but at least I wasn't alone. I knew my friend on tour. By the way I didn't know this until she said hi to me at the airport. Another Serendipty. "A Pleasant Surprise". I wish I had a lot more Serendipity in my life. Well I also found out that another friend is coming. So that's great.

One thing that I would like is for people to start calling me Mae. Unfornately my "nick name" is still sticking. If I could I would burn that name up and use my chinese name. I think it's because my chinese name has more power attached to it. I should get it changed like Homer Simpson to Max Powell.

Anyway so we had a great morning service. I stayed awake with the help of coffee.

Until we meet again.

Cheers,
Mae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home